Thursday, April 2, 2009

Micro Contrasted with Macro

March 17, 2009
A Much-Better (but Unfortunately Overlooked) Distinction Between Microeconomics and Macroeconomics

Don Boudreaux

Daniel Kuehn's comments on this post prompt me to reprise this post from September 2005:

Russ Roberts invited me to blog on an unconventional distinction between "microeconomics" and "macroeconomics." Our GMU colleague Dick Wagner alerted me to this distinction, and I find it to be far more helpful than the familiar textbook distinction (which remains, in my view, still a distinction between Alfred Marshall's approach and John Maynard Keynes's approach).

Read on -

http://www.cafehayek.com/hayek/2009/03/the-muchbetter-but-unfortunately-overlooked-distinction-between-microeconomics-and-macroeconomics.html

No comments: