Sunday, May 31, 2009

Vernon Smith's autobiography

It's called Discovery -- A Memoir and I enjoyed it very much. If you, like me, wish that more books were just a bit wilder, weirder (I mean that in the good sense), and real, you will like this one. Here's one brief bit:

...I will grow up to be a loner, protecting myself from distractions, but thereby projecting an image of aloofness that was never part of what I felt inside.

It's a hard book to summarize.

If you think you might be interested, you probably are, One Amazon reviewer writes:

'Discovery' is an unfiltered, entertaining read. There is no spin, no self-serving revisionism here. A most original and influential economist tells the reader what happened, what he thought, and how he thinks.




http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2009/05/vernon-smiths-autobiography.html

No comments: